Tuesday 26 June 2007

Mountain Mayhem

It was Mountain Mayhem last weekend - 24hr mountain bike racing(?) at it's best and worst. i was honoured to be riding with Singlespeeders of Destruction, thanks to Chipps, Biff and Nick for being a gorgeous team to get properly broken with. Felt absolutely empty after the first lap, so just tried to survive after that. It got easier on the next lap, then I did a double night lap and went to bed feeling sick. woke up after 3.5 hours sleep and thought "my knees hurt, I don't want to do another lap". Had a quadruple espresso and thought another lap or two might not be so bad and ventured forth. The horror. It was like a re-enactment of the Somme with bikes instead of bullets. I might have thrown my bike down when i got back and cursed about dragging a 50lb mud laden singlespeed around that course.

It was ace!

No comments: